Dell has officially become a player in the production of Chromebooks. The computer giant is focusing in on schools with their version of the well-known Chrome device. According to Dell, “The Chromebook 11 was built specifically to meet the needs of schools and districts around the country looking to deploy affordable and comprehensive one-to-one computing initiatives.”
Promevo is excited about Dell’s entrance into the Chromebook world. Not only will Dell’s involvement increase the initiative for Chromebook technology, but will also give schools another option to accomplish their educational goals.
The Dell Chromebook 11 features:
- An 11.6-inch, edge-to-edge glass screenA combination of slim design and essential performance
- A front-facing 720p webcam
- Less than one inch in height and starts at 2.9lbs
- A battery life of up to 10-hours
School teachers and administrators should expect Dell’s Chromebook 11 (4GB) to be available January 2014 at www.dell.com and will cost under $300 per unit.
Promevo is already partnered with Dell as their trusted Google Management Console reseller. We look forward to our growing partnership with Dell as demand for their chromebooks inevitably increases.
For further information about Promevo’s education software and services contact one of our Chromebook experts.
For more information on this go to Dell’s Official Chromebook Press Release.
Latest posts by Jade E. Kendall (see all)
- Chrome Devices: It’s Time to Prepare Your School! - May 12, 2014
- Google Play for Education – “Let Them Play…” - April 11, 2014
- What Do Large Deployments and Complex Networks Have in Common? - April 4, 2014