September has been an exciting and busy time at Promevo. We have added so many awesome, new features to gPanel. Most of these features are customer requested but a few are features we added to make your experience with gPanel even better. So enough rambling, let’s get to the good stuff and explain the new features.
Auto-Decommissioning Process (Help Document)
I’ll start with the biggest addition which is our Decommissioning Process. Yes, you heard that right, you can now begin the process of getting rid of those accounts under your domain that are no longer in use but you are still paying for. This process gives administrators the ability to auto de-provision user accounts from specific organizational units. The available features that you can choose from for the process are as follows:
- Add Delegate
- Email Export
- Hide from Directory
- Set Forwarding
- Wipe, Block, and Delete Mobile Devices
- Reassign Nicknames
- Reset Password
- Change Username
- Change the User Organization
- Transfer Documents
You can choose a specified day for any of the above actions to take place, put the actions in any order you prefer, and create different processes for different organizations!
PS: You can also manually upload users to the decommissioning process for legacy accounts.
New Domain Authentication (Help Document)
gPanel now allows you to use a new domain authentication mechanism that replaces administrator username and password. With this new authentication, it removes all gPanel role specific user name and passwords and authenticates all roles as the administrator. Many companies have security policies that prevent the use of emails and passwords in an application and now gPanel can abide by such policies.
New Business Groups Feature (Help Document)
gPanel has added a view for editing advanced business group settings as well as a new user interface for groups. Settings that were added include:
- General Information (name, description, email address, primary language, posting options)
- Directory (group directory and global address list)
- Content Control (archive options)
- Settings (post as group, all Google communication, message font, moderate messages, rejected author notification, spam messages, post replies, max message size)
- Permissions (view topics, post, view messages, invite members, join the group, allow external memebers)
- Advanced (disable group)
- Add/Remove/Edit group members
- Add/Remove aliases for the group
- View gPanel logs of group
And, of course, like everything in gPanel an admin can grant permissions for each section listed above.
New Bulk Operations
We have added 3 new bulk operations!
- Bulk User Change (Help Document) – allows for modification of information about specific users from one CSV file, which includes: Nicknames, Organizational Units, Password, Hide from Directory, Forwards, Delegates and Group Membership
- Bulk Group Change (Help Document) – allows for modification of information about specific groups from one CSV file, which includes: Create/edit/delete a Group, Change the Name, Show/hide the Group in GAL, Show/Hide in Groups Directory, Change the Description, Add/Remove Members, Send Bouncebacks, Change Max Message Size, Change the Spam Settings, and Change join/post/view/view members permissions
- Bulk Force Reset Passwords based on organizational unit
We added these tasks because we wanted admins to complete taks in bulk that would normally have to be done manually after creation of a user or group.
New Drive Explorer (Help Document)
We’ve updated our Google Doc view to a new and improved Drive Explorer view (very similar to Google’s Drive View). We also have improved for better performance on accounts with a large number of documents.
New Document Transfer (Help Document)
We reworked our Document Transfer process from both the back-end process and the user interface to transfer documents has improved.
New Drive Search (Help Document)
The New Drive Search has been reworked and has been updated with a new back-end process for searching documents for users in your domain. The user interface has also been updated.
New Calendar Resource UI (Help Document)
We’ve reworked our calendar resource interface and it provides a simple intuitive way of finding and editing calendar resources general information as well as sharing settings.
One, last thing: We have reworked the interface to almost every section listed above. This interface is much cleaner, intuitive, and easy to operate. We are very proud of of this updated interface because we want our customers to have the easiest time administrating their domain and this new interface does such that.