Are You Ready for Chrome Devices?
Have you been dreaming about the day when Chrome devices (Chromebooks, Tablets, Chromeboxes) will fill your school? At what point will this dream become a reality? Making sure your school is prepared for Chrome devices is a great first step! We want you to have access to the perfect resource to prepare your school for Chrome devices and to help you to make a wise investment: Prepare Your School for Chrome Devices: A Guide. This resource discusses a handful of topics and concerns to consider before investing in Chrome devices, such as: [bullet_block style=”size-16″ small_icon=”1.png” width=”” alignment=”center”]
- Wireless Infrastructure
- Security Issues
- Settings and Privacy
- Apps and Extensions for Chrome Devices
- Printing with Chrome Devices
- Remote Access and Visualization
Deployment Checklist for Chrome Devices
A checklist will come in handy when the deployment process is in full swing. Here are some of the questions you should ask before and during deployment.
- If you’re deploying potentially 30 devices per classroom, do you have the Wi-Fi infrastructure in place and bandwidth for all of these devices to connect to the Internet at the same time?
- What is your current bandwidth utilization today?
Legacy vs. web application inventory
- How many of your classes require legacy apps versus web apps?
- Are you looking to move toward a wider adoption of web apps and online resources for your class? If so, what’s your timeline?
- Do you know what plugins are required to access the sites your students need to use, like Blackboard or other online course sites?
- Do you need to set up a remoting solution to do this?
- Have you conﬁgured your printers for Google Cloud Print?
- Are you going to allow students to print, or only teachers?
- How will students sign in to their computers?
- How will you manage Wi-Fi passwords and access to your Wi-Fi network?
Project milestone dates
- Do you have a timeline for your roll-out?
- Do you have a way for students and teachers to give feedback on their experience with Chrome devices?
- How long will your evaluation period be and what types of surveys will you give students and teachers and how often will you gather data?
Pre-Pilot Questionaire for Teachers
Also included in the resource are questionnaires for both the pre-pilot and pilot stages for your teachers and your students. These will help you to evaluate the right devices and set-up for your school’s situation. Below is the pre-pilot questionnaire for teachers.
- Do you currently use computers in the classroom to teach your lesson plan? If so, what types of tools and resources do you use?
- How are your current technology needs being met, and what areas could they improve?
- How do your students currently collaborate on assignments? Do they use a computer to collaborate on documents?
- Do you currently use Google Apps for Education? If so, what products do you use, and how?
- Do you feel you’re setting your students up for a better future by training them with how to use technology?
Start Your Preparation Today
This resource is loaded with practical information. So, if your school or district is thinking about Chrome devices then Prepare Your School for Chrome Devices: A Guide is a must-read resource. Download it today and begin preparing to see your dream turn into reality![button_4 size=”large” color=”blue” align=”center” href=”https://shop.promevo.com/index.php?acc=0f28b5d49b3020afeecd95b4009adf4c” new_window=”Y”]Browse Chromebooks Today![/button_4]
If you like this resource please sign up for our email updates.[optin_box style=”7″ alignment=”center” email_field=”inf_field_Email” email_default=”Enter your email address” email_order=”2″ integration_type=”infusionsoft” double_optin=”Y” list=”63″ name_field=”inf_field_FirstName” name_default=”Enter your first name” name_order=”1″ name_required=”Y” action_page=”https://ef161.infusionsoft.com/app/form/process/ca5e585b57948ec9607b308e959c3d92″][optin_box_hidden][/optin_box_hidden][optin_box_field name=”headline”]Here’s The Headline For The Box[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”paragraph”]PHA+TG9yZW0gaXBzdW0gZG9sb3Igc2l0IGFtZXQsIGNvbnNlY3RldHVyIGFkaXBpc2NpbmcgZWxpdC4gRG9uZWMgdmVsIG51bmMgbm9uIGxhY3VzIHZlbmVuYXRpcyBjb21tb2RvLjwvcD4K[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”privacy”]We value your privacy and would never spam you[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”top_color”]undefined[/optin_box_field][optin_box_button type=”0″ button_below=”Y”]Email Updates[/optin_box_button] [/optin_box]
Latest posts by Jade E. Kendall (see all)
- Chrome Devices: It’s Time to Prepare Your School! - May 12, 2014
- Google Play for Education – “Let Them Play…” - April 11, 2014
- What Do Large Deployments and Complex Networks Have in Common? - April 4, 2014