Chromebooks have already made a significant impact on the mobile computing world. Now ASUS is introducing the Chromebox, a serious Chrome OS-based stationary computer for home, office, and school use.
The ASUS Chromebox is a stylish and compact device designed to simplify any computing realm. According to Felix Lin, Google’s director of product management, “The ASUS Chromebox offers the simplicity, security and speed of Chrome OS in the most compact and powerful Chrome device to date. Perfect for home, the classroom or the office, Chromebox is designed for the way we use computers today.”
Just like a chromebook, the Chromebox will provide access to Chrome Web store apps, including services such as Netflix, YouTube, and Hulu Plus. Each chromebox comes with 100 GB of storage space (free for 2-years), which is easily accessed from the cloud, using your Google account, on any device, anywhere.
Also, using Google accounts on a chromebox allows family members, coworkers, or fellow students to share a single device as if it is their own. Each user will see the machine as they have it customized in their Google account settings. For families, the added parental controls will ensure a safe web environment for kids. Truly, the ASUS Chromebox looks to be a powerfully secure and convenient machine for a variety of settings.
Here are the features-at-a-Glance:
- 4th gen. Intel processors deliver the best performance for Chrome OS
- HDMI and DisplayPort for dual display support and up to 4k playback
- Lightweight, small form design that supports VESA mount
- USB 3.0 ports to easily share data from USB drives and devices
- Dual-band Wireless-N connectivity for streaming HD media and seamless web surfing
- Instant boot up in seconds saves you time
- Chrome OS for a simplified, secure web experience that syncs all your Chrome services instantly and lets you use apps offline
- For more detailed specs, visit ASUS’ official announcement.
ASUS Chromebox will be available at leading North American resellers in March with pricing starting at $179 US. There will certainly be other options available for more, but ASUS has not given out those details just yet.
Promevo can help your school, business, or organization achieve all of your technology goals. As a Google Premier Partner, we can outfit you with the best Chromebooks for your needs, supply you with G Suite licenses, and provide extended support, so you’ll get the most out of your Chrome devices!
Latest posts by Jade E. Kendall (see all)
- Google Play for Education : Let Them Play - April 11, 2014
- What Do Large Deployments and Complex Networks Have in Common? - April 4, 2014
- The ASUS Chromebox is Ready for Purchase! - March 14, 2014